8.17.2008

Jess Graham, Artist's Market, Burlington VT


I glided over to Jess Graham's booth at the Farmer's Market yesterday, and she said "you were drawn in by the colors, I could tell." Her work is AMAZING!! She was super chatty and happy to share about her journey to be making art for a living.


<--This piece drew me in. It is called "Spring Walk" and I thought these legs resembled my legs! (See, these are mine-->) I told her how I can't help myself from photographing feet and she wants to see, so I am gathering my feet pictures.... Jess said this was actually inspired by the beauty of the forest floor in spring.

Jen and I had super fun palling around town yesterday. We saw amazing art and lots of beautiful veggies and goods at the market. We perused the bookstores. We took in a movie that made us laugh really, really hard, but we don't want to tell you which one. Okay, Pineapple Express. Twist my arm. We read down by the waterfront at sunset and I watched the people go by and play frisbee, and walk their dogs and play with their kids and eat ice cream. The weather couldn't have been more perfect.

I feel so lucky.

No comments: