8.25.2008

authority


, originally uploaded by Witty Screen Name.

I often find myself looking in at the way human systems are set up, and wondering how this can be, that people just make stuff up, and other people just follow and believe it. People just make up rules and penalties, and people don't question the rules' meanings or their need, and they pay the penalties!

I try to negotiate with some common sense, and I am met with people wielding their (made-up!) authority.

I'm okay with authority; I appreciate that someone is leading the show. But acknowledge it's a show, and ask me to cooperate instead of bullying me, and things will run more smoothly. You can't scare me.

It hurts my heart. Since we get to make up how we're going to live, why don't we do it well, and do it together?

No comments: