8.28.2008

al fresco


al fresco, originally uploaded by Witty Screen Name.

My favorite crosswalk guard came up to my car window and introduced himself today! He pulled a tomato out of his coat pocket for me and told me it was from his garden. In about five seconds he told me how old he was (79), how many years he had been retired (25), his name…and that he LOVES his present job.

Someday I will say the same. I will not rest until I can.

Last night Phoebe (my fifth grade teacher!) came over and brought a scrumptious salad for supper. I had rosemary/olive oil bread and blueberries and we feasted al fresco by the lake. She told me stories about her little ones she watches during the day and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

A beautiful evening.

Did I mention I’m so lucky? (Translate: blessed.)

No comments: