12.21.2008

jen and wendi at the coffee corner


You can't see in this photo, but the snow is falling, falling, falling outside the Coffee Corner Diner in Montpeculiar, Vermont. 

Jen took Wendi (pictured beautifully here) and me out for breakfast, and we laughed and enjoyed....  The snow was beautiful, and my friends are, too.

The Coffee Corner has been a Montpelier staple for over fifty years, and Wendi's family used to own it (her uncle sykas?).  They still use Manghi's Bread...another ilovermontpelier favorite.  

My favorite is the maple walnut.

Snow, snow, snow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about Manghi's bread yesterday!!! Wegman's didn't have anything that interested me too much. They've never had dill bread, which Manghi's excels at! So I picked up a Challah bread (also a good Manghi's variety), but no poppyseeds on top. :( It was dissappointing. There's nothing like Manghi's bread!! Yumm! I just assumed they didn't exist anymore!! Bring me some Dill Bread sometime, please!!!

Love you!

Libbi sr said...

My beautiful Wendi :-) (says her mother)
Manghi's are still going strong, still out of the little bakery on School Street. Their suggestion to me (to get bread to Wendi) was buy it fresh, freeze it, then mail it overnight delivery for that fresh baked flavor.

Thanks for the photo Em.

Love ya!
Libbi