9.24.2008

party hats


party hats, originally uploaded by Witty Screen Name.

The party hats came out better than I imagined. I used lots of crafty stuff that I purchased at Michael's, though, which is atypical for me. Aside from making the paper, I like to make everything from scratch. Sometimes I even make the paper!

So I told my sis that I'm going to IA for Christmas instead of NJ. It was hard to do. I will really miss her and the kiddos and her family on Christmas. But it's been a while since I spent it with my mum and Dad, and that's always a little sad, too. So there you have it.

I watched "Dalai Lama Renaissance" last night. It was very good. I was cringing at our human nature, pride and idolatry, and our beautiful spirit to desire to improve, our resilency. I love Tenzin. Someone suggested that he rule the world, and he said "No, I will remain a simple Buddhist monk." His "right action" is a model. He will not rule the world, but he will rule himself, and all his interactions. How will you live?

I just started learning the ukulele on Sunday night. Mostly just chords for now. My repertoire currently includes:
-Mary Had a Little Lamb (traditional)
-Let it Be (Beatles)
-When the Saints Go Marching In (traditional)
-Edelweiss (Rodgers and Hammerstein)
-Faith (George Michael)

Happy Wednesday. Class tonight, and that is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,
Just wanted to let you know that I read your blog every day and I enjoy it tremendously. Thank you for sharing your life and making my day more interesting with each entry!
Love and hugs,
Tiina

EAB said...

: ) I'm so glad you enjoy them!

And thank you, Tiina, for saying so!! It's good to know I'm the only one reading my own posts ; )

Love you!!

xoxoxo

emmy