11.24.2008

"I have two words for you, Samantha: safe and tea. That's right: Safety."

Extra points if you are not Jen(n) G. and you know where the quote in the title comes from.

The inspiration?

My mom sent me, in a single email, info about my cousin having a baby AND how to avoid car-jackings.  She's funny.  Juxtaposition is an art.

In other news, and in all seriousness, I feel bad for a little kid who I don't know.  He was with this woman who asked me for money yesterday to "get a bus ticket home to Rhode Island."  Apparently, I was hoodwinked; my friend said this woman is out there all the time with the same story, and the kid flanking her side.  It doesn't bother me that she conned me.  I mean, I do hope she uses the money for food.  I'm a fool if she doesn't.  And that means I've perpetuated a problem.  

But something I can't stop thinking about is this kid.  

What can I do.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been conned with similar story in Montreal. but I hope he used the money for good cause. After all, it's thanksgiving, no one should go hungry!

Have a safe thanksgiving and have some tea too.